We are SO grateful for the love & support you have shown and for being SO very generous in your encouragement and prayers! If you are able, and feel led to do so, we still need funds for our travel expenses. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at adoptshoppe@gmail.com We LOVE sharing our story! We are SO thankful for you!!!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

First night with the whole crew

Successes and failures...

Let me begin by saying my wife is the best mom ever! She already has Maddox eating out of her hand......(Come on give me a break, I'm suffering from jet lag. The pun was kind of funny, right?) Anyway, Maddox did great! It took him a little bit to go to sleep at first. He cried when we put him down so Kate held him for about 20 minutes and he went to sleep and slept until abut 1:30 when he awoke for a bottle. He ate well and went right back to sleep. He loves his Momma bunches, already! Madison and Mason are doing wonderful! They are sleeping well and don't seem to be effected to much by jet lag. Kate doesn't seem to be either. However, Mia and I aren't doing so well.

I awoke around 12:30 as I received a phone call from my dentist (gonna miss that appt. on Monday). I tried to go back to sleep to no avail. I was sleepy but I couldn't keep myself from lifting my head and looking around at all the blessings that God has granted me. I'm so thankful for my family! At about 1, Mia woke up, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I secretly watched her for a little bit to see if she was going to settle down and sleep. She didn't! Then I got up to make Maddox's bottle.

After Kate fed Maddox and got back in bed it was obvious to me that Mia would not be going back to sleep as things were. So for some unknown reason I thought it a good idea to have her climb in bed with me. It was a great idea for about 5 minutes and then it quickly went down hill. It is seriously like attempting to tame a tornado, it just can't be done. Sure, I can make her be still but we're talking about a law of physics here. At some point the energy will be released. Therefore, I let the energy be released through her hands and feet instead of mouth and lungs.

She decided it was a great time to work on: counting with her fingers, "here is the church, here is the steeple, open the doors and here are the people", the itsy bitsy spider, getting dad's contacts out with his eyes shut, covering every inch of dad's face with wet slobbery kisses, and many other numerous activities that she could get by with. Oh, and then she tried most of the stuff with her feet, too! (The itsy bitsy spider with her feet was cute). Now while I was impressed, I could only take so much so about an hour later I overcame the pouty lip, batting eyes, and whimpering voice saying, "Daddy, sleep......you?" And I put her back in her bed. She went back to sleep. Me? Nope. Here I am at 4:00 am typing away. But, at least I'm not up worrying and fretting about something. No, just up thanking God for being so good to me. I do not deserve his marvelous Grace!

---written by Jason---

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Kaohsiung ,Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment