We are SO grateful for the love & support you have shown and for being SO very generous in your encouragement and prayers! If you are able, and feel led to do so, we still need funds for our travel expenses. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at adoptshoppe@gmail.com We LOVE sharing our story! We are SO thankful for you!!!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hallelujah!! Praise the LORD!!!!




The last few months have been very hard for me. I have a hard time waiting patiently. When it looked like it would be a while before His Hands would have a baby for us, I started checking into other ways to adopt from Taiwan. I've been e-mailing The Home of God's Love every couple of days begging them to give us a baby! Yesterday, they finally e-mailed me back and said "No, we will not give you a baby!". Well, they said it a lot nicer than that, but that was the gist of it. So, needless to say, I was pretty bummed all day yesterday. Last night I told Jason that I felt like we were supposed to wait for His Hands. I had read back over some things that had happened when we first started the adoption process and I remembered all the things that pointed us to His Hands. How we could afford to adopt from there. How we were the last application approved before they stopped taking apps. There were several things that made us feel like God wanted us to adopt from there. I've just been trying to hurry things up on my own! So last night, I finally accepted the fact that we were supposed to wait for our baby to come from His Hands. I fell asleep trying to resign myself to the fact that it would likely be several more months before we received our referral.

Then, this morning I checked my e-mail! There was something in my inbox that said Adoption Referral. I was thinking to myself, "HOW do I always get all these junk e-mails? That's just MEAN to get my hopes up like that!" And then I looked at it! It WAS our referral...our daughter! She was born on March 1, 2010. She is 19 days old now. She weighed 5 lbs 4 oz when she was born. She weighs 5 lbs 11 oz now. She's tiny and beautiful and WE LOVE HER!!!


8 comments:

  1. How beautiful! She is gorgeous. I am so glad that the Lord has answered and part of your wait is behind you. Praying for God's blessing on you in the next part of "the wait". Thank you for praying for me. Now, you've got to update your adoption timeline too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always that way, I think. We finally give up and decide it's either never happening or it's gonna take forever. We decide that there's nothing we can do about it and tell God to take care of it. Then He says, "Here you go. You finally understand, now you can have it!"

    So happy for you guys! So glad she's got 2 friends to look out for her. She's a beauty! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you feel impatient, you can look back on this experience and remember just what to do. We are thrilled for you both and hope the rest of the process goes quickly, but if it doesn't, remember...... lol love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome Mia and Lydia have the same birthday. Even tho that probably means Mia was born the day before (our time)? yes?
    I am so excited for you. Does Mia have a middle name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and your family. God Bless

    ReplyDelete