We are SO grateful for the love & support you have shown and for being SO very generous in your encouragement and prayers! If you are able, and feel led to do so, we still need funds for our travel expenses. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at adoptshoppe@gmail.com We LOVE sharing our story! We are SO thankful for you!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

What are the ways you help others??




So, the kids and I all needed new shoes. Yep. All of us. I was tempted to just run to Target or Wal-Mart. But I was inspired by my friend, Jennifer Chase and her blog post. Why not make my purchase count for something? MEAN something to someone. I LOVE knowing that 4 children who didn't have shoes before now have shoes covering their precious feet. What are the ways you help others??

2 comments:

  1. NEVER even thought about this before...but I am now! I will def. check them out the next time we need shoes! My way of helping is to do hands-on things. We sponsor a little girl who is medically fragile and bring her toys and spend weekends with her, and we also sponsor an older gentleman who is blind and Autistic and take him to dinner once a month. For me, it's important to be a part of each little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Kate! And I love the pics you took to capture the story. Your kids will be able to look back one day and see how at a young age they were helping other children their age without these basic necessities. You are an amazing mom!!

    ReplyDelete